The Long Sleeved Hooded t-shirts have:
- Premium quality, super soft and stretchy fabric
- Kangaroo pouch pockets with inbuilt fidget ribbons
- Optional fidgets to attach to fidget ribbons
- Thumb holes in sleeves
- Oversized and lined hood
- Flat locked seams
They are not:
- Itchy or uncomfortable
- Stiff compression clothing
Sensory Friendly Clothing
What is the difference between our Sensory Friendly Clothing long sleeved t-shirts and a typical long sleeved top?
Well, our products are constructed from a premium quality, super soft and stretchy, cotton rich fabric. They have flat locked seams to minimise sensory defensiveness and come with a cosy and specially designed kangaroo pouch inbuilt at the front, which makes them both fun and functional.
The kangaroo pouch looks like a typical pocket, but it’s so much more than that!! It enables the wearer to slip one or two hands into the pouch, and by using their fingers or hands, the inbuilt fidget ribbons, or an optional attached fidget, they can subtly fidget or sensory regulate discreetly (if they are not comfortable to do this in front of others).
The hood has been designed to be worn oversized and it is lined, which enables it to become a therapy tool to block out visual sensory input when feeling overstimulated or overwhelmed.
When the hood is being worn, the two cords can be pulled taut, enveloping the face to minimise visual stimulation from the external environment. This enables the wearer to visually shut themselves off from the outside stimulating world in order to self-regulate the nervous system. This may assist the wearer to participate in environments which are otherwise overwhelming. The hood cord ends can also be used as a tactile fidget for fingers.
The sleeve cuff includes thumb holes to provide sensory input by curling the hands and tightening the ends of the sleeves in a fist hold. This can provide subtle proprioceptive input when feeling overwhelmed or anxious.
No longer do you have to compromise on comfort and functionality for the sake of discrete sensory regulation. Here at Sensory Friendly Clothing, we believe functionality and comfort go hand in hand, which enables you to feel calmer and therefore experience more success across your daily activities!
- Comfortable unisex design
- Kangaroo pouch pocket
- 2 textured fidget ribbons inside kangaroo pouch pocket
- Option of attaching fidgets to ribbons for discrete sensory regulation, also making attached fidget accessories less likely to be lost!
- Thumbholes in sleeves for sensory input
- Lined, oversized hood
- Flat locked seams
- Non-irritating care label printed on fabric
- Solid ends to the hood cords for tactile stimulation
- Size: Adult clothing sizes XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL
- Colours: Black and Steel Blue
- Material: 90% Cotton, 10% Elastane
- Care instructions: Warm gentle machine wash with like colours. Do not bleach, soak, or rub. Ease into shape after washing. Dry in shade. Do not tumble dry. Do not iron print or embellishments. Warm iron if required. Dry cleanable.
- Please note if attaching fidgets to the fidget ribbon, please remove them prior to washing garment.
Click here for sizing information.